Long Term Care Insurance
pays when you can no longer care for yourself, that is you are not able to fully do 2 or more of seven “Activities of daily living” which include eating, bathing, dressing, ambulating, transferring, toileting, and continence;
Medicare does NOT pay for Long Term Care (Page 147).. Medicare may pay for 90 days in a nursing home after 3 days in a hospital. Click here for Medicare Publication 10153 to learn more above coverage in skilled nursing, when you need medical care and not just maintenance.
Questions to ask yourself to figure out what you might need?
- If you were unable to fully take care of yourself, that is you had along term care problem, claim or event, what are your plans to deal with the costs, emotional issues and stress on your loved ones?
- Where will the money to deal with a disability come from to pay for your care and/or assistance?
- How will this impact your retirement nest egg?
Click here for
complementary Long Term Care Proposal
Long Term Care includes a wide range of mostly non-medical services that are designed to help people maintain the maximum level of independence. Care can be custodial, intermediate or skilled in nature and can be provided in the home, (most claims are for in home care) community or institutional setting. Long term care can be provided in a formal (nursing home) or informal manner (home care, family & friends).
The Three main types of coverage are:
- nursing facility,
- home care – here’s what Medicare covers publication # 10969 32 Pages
- comprehensive, which includes both nursing and home care coverage. BJFIM.com
Children can pay the premium on their parents policy.
Husband & Wife Planning – 2 page brochure
If your employer pays, it’s no income to you and the employer gets a deduction.
Please call 310.519.1335 or email us [email protected] for more details.
Rob Lowe – Maria Shriver
Long Term Care Video – Click to View
CA Health Care Advocates
Rate Increases? Calif. Health Line 3.16.2016
How will we pay for LTC? CA Health Line 3.16.2016
Asset & Income Questionnaires? Do you have too much $$$ so you don’t need LTC or so little it’s Medi-Cal?
NAIC National Assoc. of Insurance Commissioners
Will annuities take care of your planning needs?
Genworth Total Living Coverage Brochure 20 pages Rev 11.2013
Baby Boomers – Care Costs are Rising
Medicare & You – Nursing Homes
Can I be denied because of genetic testing?
No. The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110–233, 122 Stat. 881, prohibits the use of genetic information in health insurance and employment. The Act prohibits group health plans and health insurers from denying coverage to a healthy individual or charging that person higher premiums based solely on a genetic predisposition to developing a disease in the future. The legislation also bars employers from using individuals’ genetic information when making hiring, firing, job placement, or promotion decisions. The Act contains amendments to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 and the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
- §1035 Exchange of Annuities or Life Insurance for Long Term Care Planning
- 7 Activities of Daily Living ADL
- Can’t afford premiums or not medically qualified
- Employer Groups – Long Term Care
- Mutual of Omaha LTC
- Nursing Homes – Assisted Living – Finding and Selecting the best ones
- Resources – Publications
See also worksheet from NAIC