Long Term Care Insurance pays when you can no longer care for yourself, that is you are not able to fully do 2 or more of seven “Activities of daily living” which include eating, bathing, dressing, ambulating, transferring, toileting, and continence; Learn more
Future Planning Questions?
- If you were unable to fully take care of yourself, that is you had along term care problem, claim or event, what are your plans to deal with the costs, emotional issues and stress on your loved ones?
- Where will the money to deal with a disability come from to pay for your care and/or assistance?
- How will this impact your retirement nest egg?
Long Term Care includes a wide range of mostly non-medical services that are designed to help people maintain the maximum level of independence. Care can be custodial, intermediate or skilled in nature and can be provided in the home, (most claims are for in home care) community or institutional setting. Long term care can be provided in a formal (nursing home) or informal manner (home care, family & friends).
The Three main types of coverage are:
- nursing facility,
- home care and (Medicare & Home Health Care #10969 32 Pages)
- comprehensive, which includes both nursing and home care coverage. BJFIM.com
Children can pay the premium on their parents policy.
Husband & Wife Planning – 2 page brochure
If your employer pays, it’s no income to you and the employer gets a deduction.
Please call 310.519.1335 or email us [email protected] for more details.
CA Health Care Advocates
Rate Increases? Calif. Health Line 3.16.2016
How will we pay for LTC? CA Health Line 3.16.2016
Asset & Income Questionnaires? Do you have too much $$$ so you don’t need LTC or so little it’s Medi-Cal?
NAIC National Assoc. of Insurance Commissioners
Will annuities take care of your planning needs?
Genworth Total Living Coverage Brochure 20 pages Rev 11.2013
- Activities of Daily Living
- Employer Groups – Long Term Care
- Life Insurance vs Lump Sum Payment
- Low Income – Assets Assistance – Alternatives
- Nursing Homes – Finding and Selecting the best ones
- Resources – Publications
See also worksheet from NAIC