How to qualify for
Medi-Cal to pay your Nursing Home Costs.
California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR) –
Medi-Cal for Nursing Home Coverage
- Medi-Cal vs. Medicare
- Medi-Cal Eligibility
- $2k for a Single
- How to complete the MC 262 Redetermination Form
- Share of Cost
- What Does Medi-Cal Cover?
- Nursing home care is covered if there is prior authorization from the physician/health care provider. Residents are admitted on a doctor’s order and their stay must be “medically necessary“. (Clinical UM Guidelines) Residents are allowed to keep $35 of their income as a personal needs allowance.
- Resource Limitations (Property/Assets)
- The Home
- Other Real Property/Business Property
- Spending Down/Gifting Assets
- Spousal Impoverishment Laws
- Ethical Considerations
Medi-Cal Consulting Services
Medi Helper.com They can help you qualify – fee charged based on complexity of your case.
Resources and Related Pages
DPSS – Department of Public Social Services – CA on Medi-Cal Long Term Care
How to file an application? Applications are available at most Nursing Homes or call (626) 854-4987
State of Alaska Medi-Cal Long Term Care Application
How to qualify for Medi-Cal Nursing Home Coverage
Estate Recovery – Medi-Cal can take your children’s inheritance.
Medi Cal Long Term Care – Safety Net or Hammock? 68 pages pdf
- Advance Strategic Planning – Medi-Cal
- ALW – California Assisted Living Waiver
- Medi Cal – Estate Recovery
- Medi-Cal Qualification – Nursing Home
Use the menu above to navigate this section of our website.
Understanding Medi-Cal Long Term Care - Archive 2001
Get Instant Term Life Quote
Set up a phone, skype or face to face consultation
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
How much life insurance you really need?
Life Screening Form